Flooding in your basement can occur for a number of reasons. Severe weather and heavy rain, faulty drainage, a frozen or burst pipe, or other leak can all lead to a flooded basement. And, unless the water is extracted immediately, damage to your property is imminent and the potential for a mold and mildew infestation is a very real health threat to you and your family.
When flooding occurs in your basement, there’s no time to shop around. Call the experts at Water Damage Team immediately, and we will handle your basement flood emergency as quickly, safely, and efficiently as possible. We are committed to prompt response time; fast, efficient extraction; thorough dry-out and cleaning; and restoration of your basement to its pre-flood condition. We do what is needed to restore your property to its original condition so you can get back in and get your life back to normal.
The Water Damage Team is a full-service water-cleanup and restoration company serving clients from Pennsylvania to the Baltimore and Washington, DC, areas, to Virginia and North Carolina. We treat your call with the urgency it deserves and are on-site to begin the water removal process in 60 minutes or less. In three safe, organized steps, the Water Damage Team’s fully certified and professionally trained crew:
- Conduct an initial assessment of the water-damaged area, shutting down power if necessary;
- Perform a detailed inspection to find the source of the leak or point of entry and categorize the water type; and
- Determine the severity of the water damage, identify the necessary steps to prevent health risks, and develop a thorough extraction, drying, cleaning and restoration plan.
Our state-of-the-art extraction equipment and submersible pumps remove water quickly and efficiently. And, because moisture can remain under floors and hidden inside walls and elsewhere, causing mold and mildew to grow, we inspect for further dampness and damage using advanced moisture detectors and other specialized equipment. High-speed air movers and industrial-grade dehumidifiers ensure the affected areas of your basement are fully dry and safe, and all air-borne contaminants are removed.
Every year, homeowners are forced to deal with flooding in their basement. The dangers and threats it poses can wreak serious damage.
- Weakened foundation – Your home’s foundation is its most important structural element. Flooding and water can undermine the foundation, and result in warping and cracking of the walls it supports.
- Mold and mildew infestation – Dampness and moisture from water and humidity in your basement can result in serious health issues for you and your family. Mold spores grow and thrive in damp environments, and cause respiratory, skin, and eye issues to those who are sensitive to molds.
- Electrical problems – Electrical power that continues to flow in a wet basement is a life-or-death issue. Never attempt to cut or restore power in a basement that is wet or has standing water.
If you have water or dampness in your basement, contact the Water Damage Team immediately, and we will be on-site in 60 minutes or less. Our experts will identify the source of your issue, extract the water from your basement, and dry and treat the area as part of our full restoration plan to return your property to its original condition.